Friday, January 16, 2015
Fun places to stay overnight in Kentucky
1. Howard Johnson of Florence - Ya'll this is NOT your typical HoJo, remember when they were HUGE in the hotel game? This place is awesome, you can pick from themed room in either the romantic category or the family category. Ever wanted to stay in a pirate ship suite?
2. Wigwam Village - Ever wanted to camp but take the actual camping portion of the equation out of it? The Wigwam village might just be what you are looking for. Think heated/air conditioned permeant teepee. Camping problem solved!
3. Big Bear Resort - Has such a wide variety of different types of lodging with so many fun things to do as a family. It is all right on the lake, so this is obviously a warm weather option.
4. Kentucky Action Park - The Jesse James Riding stables at Kentucky Action Park offers cabins to stay in with your family at a very reasonable price. My kids would love staying in the rustic cabin.
5. Alpine Motel - This motel overlooks the Cumberland Valley and word is that every room has spectacular views. Not that your kids will care but the beds are rumored to be like sleeping on a cloud!
We want to know! Have you stayed at any of these places?