Fan Fest Day at Kentucky Derby Museum
It’s the time of year when things get really exciting in Louisville. Kentucky Derby Museum is definitely a part of it. They started a Fan Fest Day last year and it was a huge hit so they are doing it again. If you love horses or the racing culture, this is the day to visit Kentucky Derby Museum.
Here’s all of the important information for families:
- Sunday, April 30 with the doors to the Museum
opening early at 8 am.
- A major announcement will be made at 3 p.m.!
- D. Wayne
Lukas will be there for special programming throughout the day.
- Historic walking tours of Churchill Downs Racetrack (with a chance to see Derby contenders during their morning
workout on the 8:30 a.m. tour) and additional specialty and historic walking tours will be offered throughout the day
- Children’s activities from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. including Winner’s Circle photo-booth, design your own silks, decorate
a horseshoe, stick-horse races, face-painting and more (all children’s activities are FREE with paid general
- Showings of the 360° movie, The Greatest Race, throughout the day
activities with an option to add on specialty tours, including Barn and Backside Tours and brunch in the Derby Café!
Tickets for Kentucky Derby Museum’s Fan Fest Day are available now at DerbyMuseum.org