Free or Cheap Things to do in Kentucky over Winter Break!
The kids are officially out of school, for two weeks! What in the world are you going to do with your kids before school starts again?!
We have gathered 10 Free or Cheap things that you can do with your kids during winter break!
1. At the Boone County Public library in the Northern Kentucky Area you can take your kids to New Year’s at Noon. It starts at 11:30am and includes everything a New Years Eve celebration should including a ball drop!
2. With the milder weather, it would be nice to walk through the arboretum in Lexington. It’s free!
3. You and your family can head to the Owensboro Museum of Science & History. Admission is VERY reasonable at $3 per person, kids 2 and under are free.
4. In Berea you can check out the Artisan Center, the admission is free! The center features Kentucky Artisan pieces, from pottery to books you can find it there! They also have a restaurant in the center. Think mother/daughter trip!
5. For those of you with young kids, the Kentucky Science Center in Louisville offers a free playdate. It just so happens that the last one in December falls on Tuesday December 29th& January 2nd. It is from 8:30 – 9:30 and is for children 0-4.
6. How about some state history over the winter break? Tours of the Governor’s Mansion are free. They advise that you give them a call first to check the schedule.
7. I have said it before but Ale 8 One is located in Winchester and they do free plant tours. It sounds like a bunch of fun and we are dying to go!
8. In Georgetown there is a Georgetown & Scott County museum, it is free to the public and might be worth the trip!
9.Better Than Ever in Paducah is really reasonable for some pop in art fun. Watch their Facebook page because they keep it updated with specials – we saw a $5 off deal posted recently and it’s already affordable!
10. Plan a family outing around taking a ferry. Many of them are free and we think kids would really get a kick out of it. See the ferry map and info here. For example, you can use the KY Tourism website to search for the ferry of your choice and then choose nearby restaurants and attractions to formulate your day’s activities!