Friday, October 10, 2014
The 10 Best Indoor Things to Do in Louisville with Kids
Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky so it packs a big punch when it comes to entertainment. With so many options, you need to know what is the BEST fun for your family! Here's our list of the our picks for indoor places to visit in Louisville.
1. Louisville Mega Cavern - Mega Quest. This ropes course in underground and climate controlled so there is never a bad time to go. It is awesome for kids 6 and up because they can manage the course best. Parents will like it too!
2. Kentucky Science Center. It's the go-to for families looking for the downtown museum experience. There are many levels of entertainment, a kids area and special events all of the time. And, they just added a 4-Story Digital Theater that's amazing.
Tune into this podcast with the Kentucky Science Center:
3. Rauch Planetarium. Why see a movie when you can go to the planetarium and experience a unique show and learn something at the same time? They have lazer light shows as well as public shows and events.
4. Bluegrass Indoor Karting. C'mon, it's a 1,000 ft long go-kart track. That's sweet! Kids (and adults) over the age of 7 can race up to 8 karts for a great adrenaline rush.
5. Whet Your Palette. Painting is definitely "in" these days but this place is special, it's kind of funky. It's a large home that has been completely turned into a creative zone. It is very affordable and you don't have to be a part of a formal class, you can just drop in.
6. CLOSED Good Garbage. Let trash become your child's next masterpiece. Talk about let the creative juices flow - at Good Garbage, make robots out of random items, create a lamp out of bottles or maybe even jewelry out of buttons.
7. Explore Downtown Louisville via the Louie Link Pedway System. There's something about these tunnels that spark adventure with my kids. They reach a new place and get excited like "Wow, a hotel!" or "No way, we are walking over the street." We pair it with lunch somewhere and it's a day of indoor fun.
8. House of Boom. If you are looking for something indoors to do because it's cold outside, you'll warm up in minutes after you start jumping. They have a bunch of special times for preschoolers or children with special needs.
9. Stage One Family Theatre. Plan ahead and get tickets to their public performances. Live theater is so intriguing to kids and Stage One makes it really affordable to see a high quality live show in a really nice atmosphere at the Kentucky Center.
Tune in and learn more:
10. Louisville Stoneware. It's been around since 1815 so you are definitely going to see something special. Tour and learn about how unique it is and then paint your own pottery! Be sure to ask to meet the one woman that's been putting on all of the handles to their pitchers and mugs for years - she does it all by hand and it's an art.
Here's a podcast from Louisville Family Fun with more ideas!
Posted by Louisville Family Fun at 1:00 AM