5 Family Fun ideas for Harrodsburg Kentucky
Looking for family fun in Harrodsburg? We love to find gems around the state and bring people just enough information to go out and explore that area. Something to learn, pure fun, museums, parks…..places to eat. Here are some suggestions for spending a day (or two) around Harrodsburg with your kids.
1. In the fall, visit Devine’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch for all things farm fun. They make a really intricate design so it is not your average corn maze. They also have a hay maze, pumpkin patch, petting zoo and more……yes, a zipline! It’s worth a day trip for family fun in Harrodsburg.
2. Shaker Village is fun for the family. It’s learning fun that takes you back in time. Interact with animals, enjoy delicious food, explore the buildings, walk, swing….a lot to do at this uniquely Kentucky place. Check out their daily schedule before you go so you can plan your day of family fun in Harrodsburg!
3. Dip in the pool at the aquatic center. Summer is always a fun time to explore but you might want to finish your day with cooling off. For just $5 per person, you can do that at the Anderson-Dean Community Pool. It has slides, a zero-entry area and a water playground. Your kids will love it and you won’t break the bank.
4. This is near Harrodsburg. Take to the trails on horseback at Big Red Stables. What’s great about this place is that it’s for all experience levels. Check out their website for riding options because they vary options by season. 12 year old age minimum.
5. Dine at the Olde Bus Station – especially if it’s a lovely day because they have a big covered patio for outdoor dining. Or, there’s counter service – my kids love places with counter service. It’s breakfast and lunch so plan accordingly. We are talking sandwiches, onion rings, traditional breakfast items – home cooking!
See more ideas for family fun in Central Kentucky by clicking here.