First-time family-friendly New Year’s Eve event in Louisville
So often, we get asked about New Year’s Eve events for families and we just don’t have much to suggest. Someone is looking to change that and bringing an event to Louisville so families can come together and have fun on New Year’s Even.
Lou Year’s Eve will be a first time event to kick off the new year and it will offer a family-friendly option for Kentucky families to celebrate together. The intention of this event is to highlight Louisville’s arts and cultural scene while providing a fun and safe place for families to celebrate.
This event will be on Saturday, December 31st from 2:00 pm-midnight in downtown Louisville. More than 20 venues on West Main Street between 3rd and 9th Streets will be participating, and it will feature dance, art, story-telling, magicians, music of all kinds, food, beverages, and performers, both outside and indoors – great for a winter event!
Plans include: interactive children’s activities beginning at 2:00pm at venues all along Main Street; a People’s Procession that will march down Main Street at 5:00pm; an adult beverage garden opening at 6:00pm at The Kentucky Center; live music and entertainment on the outdoor main stage at 5th and Main beginning at 6:00pm; and dance, art, story-telling, magicians, music of all kinds, food, beverages and performances at various venues, both inside and outside, all night long.
There will be a special countdown to midnight with fun surprises to ring in the New Year. The full schedule of the day’s events will be announced on December 6th.
Tickets are available on www.louyearseve.com. Tickets are $8 in advance/$10 at the door for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12, and admission is free for children 5 and under.
The inaugural Lou Year’s Eve event will feature 40 live performances and activities at 15 venues along West Main Street
in downtown Louisville this Saturday.
Join the New Year’s Eve celebration!
– children’s activities at 5 museums between 7th and 9th Streets
– an intimate set with “The Voice” contestant Dave Moisan
– performances by the Louisville Ballet and Actors Theatre of Louisville
– a People’s Procession that will march down West Main Street
– live ice sculpting and interactive art pieces
– an outdoor Main Stage will open at 6:00pm with remarks from Mayor Greg Fischer, followed by performances from Wildwood, DJ Glenn Smith, and Billy Goat Strut Revue
– an adult beverage garden will open at 6:00pm
– a countdown to midnight with fun surprises, and the raising of Kentucky’s largest disco ball by crane!