5 Last Minute Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day
Haven’t decided on how to celebrate Father’s Day? Don’t sweat it! Here are 5 last minute ways to make the most of the day in Kentucky.
1) Celebrate World Cup: In our house, nearly everything stops for World Cup. Only the lawn and beard grow when Futbol reigns. That’s ok! It’s a time for making memories as the dad in our house heads to the lawn to kick the ball around with the kids between games. Does this sound familiar or at least something you think the dad in your life would enjoy? Make Father’s Day an opportunity to make the most of watching World Cup 2018. Make vuvuzela’s, grill out, and set up your own goals in the yard with some inexpensive pool noodles.
2) Go Birding: Does your father love nature? Then adopt a Peregrine Falcon in his name, and plan a day to go birding along a Kentucky trail. Learn more about birding in Kentucky here.
3) Creek Walk: Head for the cool waters of a shaded Kentucky creekbed. Don’t forget to pack his hammock or chair, favorite beverage, koozie, and water shoes. Give the dad in your life the whole day to relax and be present with his kids.
4) Take a Family Bike Ride: Load up the bikes and head to a local rails-to-trails bike path. Visit the Rails to Trails Conservancy for trail suggestions.
5) Hit Some Golf Balls: Plan a day at a local driving range. It is an activity almost everyone in the family can participate in.