5 Fun (Inexpensive) Activities for Winter Fun in Kentucky
January is a difficult month. People are coming down off of the excitement of the holidays, those bills are coming in from December gift spending and it’s dark and cold. Sounds thrilling, huh? Well, don’t fret too much – you can make it through the month and still have some fun!
1) Monkey Joe’s in Lexington is an inexpensive option for indoor fun because there’s no fee for adults and it is just $5 for toddlers age 2 and under. The entire place is for kids 12 and under and they do have a frequency pass for discounts if you live close enough to take advantage of it. If it’s a day trip, tie it in with something else fun in Lexington – LexFun4Kids has plenty of ideas.
2) The Kentucky Derby Museum has a new movie for their 360 degree theater – “The Greatest Race.” What we love about this museum is that there’s no admission fee for kids 5 and under. And, it’s actually a pretty kid-friendly place to visit.
3) Have you checked Groupon lately? They have deals for places all over KY. We’ve seen discounts for upcoming shows, museums and more. Click here to see the deal – great for all ages!
4) The Highlands Museum & Discovery Center in Ashland offers something for everyone. They have a lot about area history, an exhibit about space, even a little dig area for kids that are into dinos and fossils. It’s just $6.50 for adult admission, $5 for kids ages 2 and older and free for kids under the age of 2.
5) Totter’s Otterville in Covington is geared toward kids ages 10 and younger. It’s around $9 for admission but there’s no fee for parents. In my opinion, if they can get active and have a variety of things to do for an extended period of time, anything under $10 is a steal! They have special events each day – see here – the rooms are endless.
*Photo in images from Totter’s Otterville Facebook Page.
*Prices/info may have changed